Saturday, September 10, 2011

Otocinclus to the Rescue!

The surviving oto seems to have eaten almost all the algae! My tank is pretty clean now except for a single plastic plant, some gravel, and a bit of the tank deco. It seems to be dying too, the algae, it's changed from the bright green to a dark, muddy, hooker green, while sort of.. flaking off. I removed some because I read somewhere that dead algae turns into/gives off ammonia but I want to leave it too, to feed the oto. I think they do eat dead algae as well.. well, I hope so because that plant is still covered and I don't want ammonia in the tank!

Plus I don't want to have to take out everything to clean the ornaments / gravel when everything appears to be stabilizing finally. Don't know if the water siphon will clean the gravel that well either...

Also, my betta fish seems to be doing much better. His color is brighter and more even, and there is just a bit of new fin growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment