Saturday, September 3, 2011

Brooklyn College! City Housing? It's Coming Soon..

So I was trying to seriously think about making living arrangements for if I got into Brooklyn or City College. I probably should because it really is coming, and moving/finding housing is no simple business. Min said I could live with her if I ended up going to BC since she is seriously considering getting an apartment near there...Although she won't have a place until April I think and I would start school in January.

In case my dad doesn't pull through with off campus housing I checked out the new BC dorm. It gets points for being new but it's scarily plain and boring and sparse... literally no tiny bit of decoration anywhere in any part of the building. The rooms also seem pretty small and annoyingly laid out (even for a dorm). I could deal with it if I had to but I can see myself suffering in that space (the dorm in general).

I checked out EHS () and found an alternative in the St. George Weller dorm. From the video/pictures it looks amazingly decorative, upbeat and warm, with decent room sizes/layouts and amenities. EHS, as you can imagine is pretty expensive still but for the SPRING 2012 semester it seems it's around the same rate (for triple room) as the boring, new Brooklyn College dorm. It's a little farther though from the school than I would like but such a nice environment seems worth it.


ROOM RATES ST. GEORGE WELLER:

I was having doubts for awhile but I definitely think that Brooklyn College is my first choice school. I really hope I get in and that I'm not being too optimistic by thinking I can/might. It's still good I've reinforce this thought though because if I do get accepted I can really get on the ball about applying/finding housing. It seems too good to be true but I seriously want to get a space in this dorm!!!!

St. George Weller Student Housing (Video + Photos + Info) (EHS site)

No comments:

Post a Comment