Thursday, September 15, 2011

Otocinclus and Feeding Cory Cats

My tank looks super algae free now! There's just some dead algae that flaked off and landed on the bottom and on the plant but other than that.. the cave is algae free and the gravel doesn't have a spot of bright green. Now I just wonder what my otocinclus is going to eat or if he's going to live. I almost hope more algae grows now that I know it won't be a big problem.

My cory cats were looking kind of gaunt even though I've been trying to feed them. My betta is pretty tolerant of the other fish but he will get aggressive over food or at least scare them away. He eats their pellets and their wafers.. he gets so fat sometimes it's a wonder he hasn't overeaten and died. So my new 'solution'.. well, it's an idea, is to crush up the pellets and have them get sprinkled over the bottom.. this way they are not noticeable but the cory cats will suck them up and as they scrounge around. I'm not sure if this is enough or if the filter gets most of it or if I'm just making my tank gravel dirty but >.> Don't know what else to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment