Thursday, September 15, 2011

"If you strive to be RICH: Then you should pay yourself 15 - 20 %"

So, I've been thinking about savings accounts again.! And after I buy my 32gb Zune I will start putting the bulk of my earnings away. I'm seriously considering using ING Direct savings, American Express, or Discover.

My problem is, although I want Discover and their 1.10% APY, they have a $500.00 minimum to start.. which I don't think I have.. and even if I do, they have $50 minimum deposit which I don't know if I could keep up with. Ideally I'd like to save over 10 years.. $50 dollars weekly. But since I'll be going to school I don't know if I'll have a job or a way to get that money. Same problem if I wanted to put $100 a month into savings although it's not impossible to do if one was working.

I really want to be consistent with savings and not miss 4 years of savings while I'm in school.

ING Direct and American Express have a %1.00 APY which isn't horrible at all, plus no minimum and I think no fees. One of those or something like 'Ally' bank would probably be more ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment